Saturday, August 3, 2019

Away in a Manger: Creating a Copic Colored Christmas Card with Michelle

Hi Everyone!

Michelle here, Design Team Coordinator, and I'm happy to be participating in the August Design Team Winter/Holiday/Christmas Card Making Marathon!

I'll be joining the Team throughout the month to bring you lots of inspiration and ideas, and today, I'm sharing a Christmas card created with the AWAY IN A MANGER stamp set.

This large card front sized stamp has lots of sketch detail that's fun to color!
I opted to color this wonderful classic Christmas image with Copics.
I kept the card very CAS focusing on coloring the image, incorporating lots of shading and shadowing, I finished the card by double matting the colored image piece with gold and blue metallic card stock from LCI PAPER and positioned the matted piece with foam for added dimension.



This detailed stamped image was lots of fun to color, and for me, using Copics was the way to go. I was able to get the colors and tones that I wanted for all of the cards sketch elements....the hay...the starlit sky...the stone walls...hay fork...window frame...manger, baby Jesus...the bucket and the ground....

If you're loving this beautiful classic Christmas image as much as I do and would like to create a card like the one that I created and have shared here today, you can find the AWAY IN A MANGER stamp HERE
The shimmery LCI PAPER metallic card stock, used or matting, can be found HERE

Thanks for visiting today...
We'll see you tomorrow for more Winter?Holiday/Christmas themed card making inspiration!

2 comments: